Tuesday, August 28, 2012

TrevorCopter: A Sexy Life

I've been finding that TrevorCopter is a great place for a lot of my abandoned projects to find a new home. The idea of Trevor having an evil twin brother comes from a short film idea about my friends' fake band, No Buffalo. Teddy the Bear has been around for 20 years, never finding a narrative story to fit into (but was the star of the single panel comic I did in college). But this sketch brings together TWO different stories into one.

A future comic (in more than one way) I've come up with is called A Copter in Time (the title is an homage to the book A Wrinkle in Time). TrevorCopter is brought hundreds of years into the future and finds that he is a cultural deity, a legend unparalleled. He is brought into that future by the characters featured below: Nano, Deacon, and Boopsie. Nano is from an old comic I did in junior high called Crossed Wires, a half-baked science story. Deacon and Boopsie are the second male and female leads of my epic play, Mike Eynon: A Sexy Life, which I wrote in college. They are from a future where Mike Eynon, slacker college student, is worshiped. Think Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Anyway, I love when old ideas are able to find a new home. Most of the time, you find out that this was meant to be their home all along.


No comments:

Post a Comment